Note: Only users with the Office staff or Owner roles can add aircraft.
To add a new aircraft, click Aircraft in the primary links area, followed by Add a new one on the page. Fill in the details as required.
To remove an aircraft and make it no longer available, click the aircraft, then click the Availability tab. You can choose to make an aircraft unavailable for bookings for a set period, or unpublished it, which hides the aircraft from other users. Note you can still access the aircraft details via the Admin tab in primary links, followed by Content. This allows you to re-publish an aircraft if you unpublished by mistake, or if the aircraft was unavailable for an extended period (e.g. repair).
When adding a new aircraft, the following fields should be set:
- Registration. To enable users to identify the aircraft.
- Aircraft Type. Member's logbooks and training notes both contain a summary of hours on type. Set the aircraft type here, for example, EV-97 or PA-28.
- Maximum POB. The system will apply validation when flights are booked out, one of the checks being the number of people on board.
- Fitted with Hour Meter. If the aircraft has an hour meter, the counter values are collected for each flight. Otherwise, the total engine time is calculated using the total flight time.
- Current Engine and Airframe hours. The aircraft hours are used in conjunction with the maintenance schedule to give you and other users a reminder when nearing a service. The system also watches for gaps and overlaps in the hour readings, to try to prevent users making mistakes in their entries.
How do I record flights in members own aircraft?
One option would be to create a new aircraft each time, but you might also consider just adding one aircraft with the registration "Other". Record the actual aircraft registration under the notes for the flight.
After adding a new aircraft, two initial service records are created in the log using the values you entered. If you need to correct these values, navigate to the aircraft, then follow the link to the Log tab.